Requirements quality is big problem which causes projects to delay and be out of budget. This means a lot of money in case of complex SE projects (Fig 1). Traditional requirement management toolsquality problem address by using natural language analysis with different rules to check for requirements duplication, overlapping, and bad language. Most of those means does not cover logical issues of not understood system functionality. This is perhaps biggest source of mistakes. Poor system requirements push problems to solve in development. How to enforce good quality requirements which would clearly describe the system?
SysML provides rich means to address requirements quality issue by formalizing them with system model (Fig 2). Descriptive system model represents system from behavioral, structural, and Parametric viewpoints giving full understanding of requirements at any level.
The presentation cover usage of SysML to refine text-based requirements with model, and model execution to automatically verify requirements:
Presentation PPT: https://goo.gl/UVRB32
Bluetooth Headphones SysML project: https://goo.gl/ZrQ6EA
- In document based system engineering big problem is disconnection between design and analytical models and in general between different design artifacts.
- MBSE provides: methods, tools, and languages for requirements formalization and significant quality increase.
- Presented MBSE with SysML based approach – MagicGrid (Fig 3.) for requirements formalization. It:
- Using SysML as a language provides rich means to address requirements quality issue by formalizing them with system model. Descriptive system model represents system from behavioral, structural, and parametric viewpoints giving full understanding of requirements at any level.
- Ensures requirements traceability
- Supports automated requirements analysis
More about Method and Framework
Introduction to MagicGrid you can find in webinar: https://lnkd.in/evCpPz9