This is a one hour long tutorial on data modeling. It is well balanced between theory and practice and gives the required information to cover this area and one step ahead.
It covers the following sections:
- Data modeling concepts,
- Data modeling techniques,
- Detailed data modeling,
- Testing data models with data examples,
- Data model validation: correctness and completeness,
- Transferring data model to documents,
- Usage of data models in business processes,
- Modeling system context with information flows,
- Designing GUI based on data models, and
- Tracking the use of data structures.
The presentation was recorded live at the 2014 No Magic World Conference, May 4-7, Allen, Texas, and delivered by the head of the Solutions Department, Darius Šilingas, PhD.